THE FIA BOARD
Section 24 of the Anti-Money Laundering Act, 2013 provides for the establishment of the board as the policy-making organ of the Authority which also approves organizational structure, terms and conditions of service. Section 25 of the AMLA specifies for the composition of the Board.
Composition of the Board
(1) The following shall be the members of the Board—
(a) a Chairperson, who shall be a person of high moral character and proven integrity and possesses the relevant experience;
(b) four members of high moral character and proven integrity with substantial experience in either law, finance, criminal investigations, or any other relevant experience; and
(c) the Executive Director, who shall be an ex officio member.
(2) The Minister shall appoint the Chairperson and other members of the Board
(3) The members of the Board shall hold office on terms and conditions specified in their instruments of appointment.
(4) The appointment of the members of the Board shall be approved by Parliament.
Membership of the Board
1. Mr. Leo Kibirango (Governor Bank of Uganda, Emeritus) – Chairperson
2. Mr. Patrick Ocailap – Deputy Secretary/Secretary to the Treasury
3. Ms. Grace Akullo – Assistant Inspector General of Police, Uganda Police Force
4. Ms. Patricia Mutesi – Principal State Attorney
5. Mr. Titus Mulindwa – Deputy Legal Counsel, Bank of Uganda
6. Mr. Sydney Asubo (ED,FIA) – Ex Officio Member